Raising sane children in an insane society is not for the faint of heart!
|Talk about some self-discipline for this here creative person; |
I have to set a timer when I start playing with this app!
Yes, I suppose I am a dreamer of sorts or at least as I read through this article I found I could identify with almost all of the twenty-two items listed! I try not to re-post other links to my blog and maintain original stuff, but this is a good article to consider if you are having a hard time understanding a child that you may be raising that is a dreamer! Consider helping them to understand and celebrate that they do think different from their peers and it is more than OK!
a quick outline ......
1. They get inspired at the least expected moment
2. They daydream. A lot.
3. They get easily bored.
4. They watch the world with the eyes of a child.
5. They will fail, and you can be sure they will try again.
6. They are told to get a real job.
7. They will follow their heart even if often their mind thinks otherwise.
8. They get lost in time.
9. They work when you sleep and they sleep when you work.
10. Where most people see a difficulty, they see an opportunity.
11. They fall in love with their pieces of work, and hate them the day after.
12. They hate what they've just created, but will totally love it 12 hours later.
13. They are humble and proud at the same time.
14. They are always looking to new ways to express themselves.
15. They procrastinate.
16. They see the other side of the coin.
17. They don't like boundaries.
18. They often don't like numbers.
19. They are great observers.
20. They always make new experiences.
21. They do it all over again.
22. They love.
I think perhaps I could write a blog post about each one of these items....... another day perhaps!
Till next time my coffee cup and mouse meet.....